The Fundamental Skill That's Needed to Analyze A Dental Treatment Plan That is Life-Changing for Patients.
People are living longer these days, and they are keeping their teeth healthy for a more prolonged life period. It doesn't mean that dental treatment becomes more complex, there might be missing teeth, wear & tear on a tooth, and periodontal disease. Our Dentist in Apex NC carries out a through detailed dental assessment treatment plan for the patient based on their desire and budget. Here we will be discussing the fundamentals needed to analyze the dental treatment plan in our Apex NC Dental Clinic.
Fundamentals of a Dental Treatment Plan
The foundation of a good dental treatment begins with a thorough comprehensive dental exam. By doing this our Cosmetic Dentist in Apex NC lays the groundwork for all the future dental care and able to set a close view of your teeth, gums, and mouth. According to the American Dental Association, a comprehensive dental assessment is defined as an extensive evaluation and the recording of all extraoral, intraoral, and soft tissues.
Typically, a Dental Treatment Plan Will Include The Following:
- Dental Evaluation: Our Dentist Dr. Chirnalli will discuss your dental and medical history. Even, our dentist will also discuss any medication which you're currently taking that can impact your oral health.
- Cavity Check: A cavity check will be done for a tooth replacement.
- Bite and Jaw Examination: Our Cosmetic Dentist will assess how your teeth fit together by examining your bite and jaw.
- Oral Cancer Screening: An oral cancer screening will be performed in our Dental Clinic in Apex NC to check your face, neck, and mouth for any abnormalities.
- Disease Screening: An intraoral examination of the oral soft tissue and an extraoral examination of the head and neck are screened to detect the early symptoms such as Gum Disease, Oral Cancer, and TMJ Disorder.
- Teeth cleaning and Stain Removal: Our Apex NC Cosmetic Dentist will remove any stains that are present on your teeth and thoroughly clean them.
- Oral Hygiene: We will explain the proper cleaning techniques for your teeth by giving you a thorough oral hygiene instruction with complete tooth decay check, bite evaluation, teeth cleaning, and stain removal.
- Restoration Examination: All restoration such as fixed and removable prostheses will be checked.
- Dental X-Rays: Our staff will take dental x-rays and conduct other diagnostic procedures such as radiographs or other dental images which will be discussed with you depending on your specific needs.
- Dental Health Assessment: We will do a thorough checkup to your oral dental health, oral hygiene, the risk for tooth decay, and gum disease.
One of the most important parts to analyze a dental treatment plan is the patient-doctor interview when our Dentist Dr. Chirnalli will discuss the current oral-health which includes your risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and any other oral health problems.
If you'd like to know more about the dental treatment plan or comprehensive dental exam, call our Cosmetic Dentistry in Apex NC today at (919) 380-8888 and schedule an appointment.