7 Effective Ways to Care For Your Porcelain Veneers
Congratulations! as you've decided to improve your smile with porcelain veneers. Now you can hang out with your friends and take a selfie with a beautiful smile. However, just having your veneers put into place doesn't mean your work is done. There are many steps you need to take to keep your Porcelain Veneers safe. Here are some powerful ways to take care of your Dental Veneers in Apex NC to get the most out of your stunning new smile.
What are Veneers?
Dental Veneers sometimes called Porcelain Veneers are thin shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front part of your teeth. They are used to fix stained, misaligned, or abnormally spaced teeth.
Effective Ways to Care for Your Veneers:
- Keep Them Clean: You must take good care of your veneers just as you care for your natural teeth. Brushing 2-3 times a day and flossing once a day is a great way to keep your Dental Veneers healthy.
- Use of Right Toothpaste: Some toothpaste may contain ingredients that are too harsh for both your teeth and veneers. It is wiser to choose toothpaste with gel products, as they contain ingredients that don't damage the dental veneers.
- Choose a Right Toothbrush: Choosing the right toothbrush matters. Pick a toothbrush that is not too hard. A hard toothbrush might damage the surface of your veneers. Instead, choose a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
- Protect Your Teeth with a Mouth Guard: Do you play sports like boxing, wrestling, and other contact sports that might put your beautiful smile in danger. If so, you may need a mouth guard to protect your veneers and safeguard yourself from a lot of pain.
- Avoid Substances That Cause Stains: It's known that the porcelain veneers are designed to be stain-resistant, but the adhesive is not resistant to stain. Try to avoid drinks such as coffee, tea, soda, and use a straw to reduce the chance of staining your veneers.
- Get Your Porcelain Veneers Polished: Our Cosmetic Dentist in Apex NC can help to preserve the life of your veneers by polishing it. This procedure is to perform after every three months. Our Dentist in Apex NC uses a solution to clean your dental veneers. However, flossing and brushing your teeth can benefit you with longer results after polishing.
Visit Your Dentist Regularly: Dental visit is a must for people who want healthy teeth. There are two reasons why you should visit your dentist regularly.
Make it a point to see our Dentist in Apex NC to help you protect both your teeth and veneers.
- Our dentist can help you avoid gum and mouth infection.
- They can address problems that can become worse in future.
Want to improve the appearance and quality of your smile. Schedule an appointment with our Cosmetic Dentist in Apex NC by calling us at (919) 380-8888 or Visit our Dental Office in Apex, NC.